Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Debby Downer

So the kids have the entire week off of school and we havento plans to do anything. I tried to pick up a lot of hours at work but then I was just annoyed that I was working a lot and pissed at the staffing as usual.
Today was not a good day. I was annoyed and pissed off in general and that was compounded by 2 different worrisome/stressful events that are happening to people that I am close to. Domestic violence and Cancer...maybe the two worst words ever. I am just so sad today. I am an emotional person anyway so when I went to visit said friend with the newly diagnosed "c" word, I turned into a puddle. Especially since as soon as I got in the door she grabbed me and hugged me hard while we both started crying and she whispered "I'm so scared". Even now my eyes are welling up thinking of it.
The other situation makes me sad and very angry too, especially since I am related to her. I feel helpless. I don't want to be a downer but this is my life today and I need to get it out...

On the other hand, Coop knew that I was sad and came right up to me and said "I love you, mom and I'll love you forever...even when I'm 16".

No comments: