Monday, January 19, 2009

Clean butts

My little 3 year old is in the throes of being independent on the potty. Oh, she's got the deposits down, its the other things that are tripping her up. There are SO many steps to remember, its hard I know. It's not only dropping off the friends, its remembering to wipe and flush and pull up your pants (this is particularly difficult for her to remember), and THEN wash your hands AND dry them. She usually peters out around the pulling up the pants bit.
Just a moment ago, she did her usual (after waiting until the VERY last second) "I have to poop, don't watch me, I need privacy"...really don't know where they got this, I never ask for nor ever get privacy when I'm dropping off my friends. As usual, she came back to me a few moments later with a wet butt and no pants on. I quickly sent her back to finish the next few steps and then she came back in to announce "Look at my butt, its shiny and clean!"
I couldn't make this up if I wanted to.

No comments: