Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Dora, Dora

I took the kids to Dora Live today. Cooper never wanted to go. He's 5. Even when I first introduced the idea, he said he didn't want to go. Sydney was very excited. She was into the entire thing...jumping and waving and shouting back, very cute. Coop just kept asking if it was over yet or "mom, can I play Brickbreaker?"
I found it interesting that Dora actually looked short and squat just like the cartoon character on TV. How did they cast that? Only people with a BMI in the overweight range need apply, oh and big legs are a plus! I realized that I could NEVER be an actor, especially for something like that. I would be embarrassed just putting on the outfit that doesn't match. Who dresses her?!! Dora...pink and orange don't go and your shirt doesn't even cover your stomach.
It really wasn't as annoying as I thought it would be but I did feel like I HAD to take the kids to be considered a good mom. Next time I won't worry so much...and try not to laugh out loud at Dora.

No comments: