Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Found her!

I'm so lucky!  I was the one who found Dice.  I KNOW, you are so jealous.
Here is how it all came down:

I was trying to be domestic and get the house in order (see posts from previous months) so I was having a great laundry day.  That means:  I actually DID the laundry (one load anyway), and probably folded it and maybe even put it away.  Opened Coop's closet to throw his jeans in there (hey, he does it so why shouldn't I?!) and noticed something moving.

There may or may not have been some swearing and/or freaking out.  There also may have been a change of underwear in order, and a paper bag, and a cardiac monitor.

Now really, I don't mind the snake, WHEN SHE'S IN HER CAGE, but this escaping stuff I can do without.  I truly thought I would never see her again.  We hadn't even told Syd she was gone yet (see, even SHE doesn't know if the snake has been around for 2 weeks, 2 WEEKS people!!)

I promptly slammed the door, shoved multiple pieces of clothing under the door and decided that even THAT wasn't enough, so I pushed some heavy books and game boxes up against the clothing.  I was not having that escaping stuff again, but I also was not going to rescue her.

30 minutes later, the big kids got off the bus and I told Syd that Dice had escaped but LUCKILY I had just found her and would she like to help me get her back in her cage?!  Of course she did.
Just in case you were wondering, these are the items needed to catch a snake (in a closet, in a house, that is non-venomous):
1.  a box
2.  a mouse

Except, of course, it wasn't that easy.  There was 5 minutes of pulling all the clothing out of the bottom of the closet one by one, Cooper yelling that we needed to call dad RIGHT NOW and tell him to come home, then a little coaxing, "Dice, it's me, Sydney.  I'm your friend remember?", then a bite with a drop of blood, BIG tears, "mom, why did she do that to me!?" and finally, victory!!

No comments: