Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Updates on my goals

Organizing:
Continuing to read a lot of blogs and books ABOUT the subject and occasionally actually doing something about it.  Much better than in years past but I find my problem is in the upkeep.  I did a great job on the pantry and then a month later, it looks like shit again.  Hold on, need to read more about keeping it up....haha

Decorating:
I have hired someone to come in to help me with the family room.  It is such a blank slate right now and I'm tired of the hunting pictures on the wall.  It was fine when we first moved in (5 YEARS AGO) but now, I'm over them.  It doesn't make me want to be in there.  Also, Eric doesn't really know about this plan and the fact that I've hired someone.  Most times, its just better that way.  He has such stupid  strong opinions sometimes, its just best to leave him out of the loop.  I also have hired someone to come help me with the laundry room.  I will show before and afters soon.  He's coming tomorrow to install counters!!
The electricians finally came and installed the can lights and pendants in the kitchen.  It looks like a new room.  I love it!

Exercising:
ummm, yeah.  I am occasionally doing 10 minute trainer.  What is my problem that I can't find time for 10 minutes?! I've cut down on my Pepsi intake.  I'm into diet Dr. Pepper instead.  Better?  Prolly not.
2 motivating factors happened this week:  I stepped on the scale at mom and dad's house (I don't own one) and I can't fit into any of my spring pants.  I am super annoyed!  I did take "before" pictures of myself.  I don't really know why, there doesn't really seem to be much of a plan for the after.

Chore charts:
still nothing

Meal planning:
I have actually made several meals over the last couple weeks, some of which the kids even ate.  I even wrote out an entire week's plan for this week, grocery list and all.  I've made exactly zero meals yet from it.  Tomorrow is Wednesday, people.  I'm failing.  I can say that making the plan is the first step so, there's that.

No comments: