Tuesday, May 26, 2009

bedtime

rant begin:
Do you think the kids can sense that I want them to hurry up and go to sleep so I can do my own stuff?!!
Bedtime is becoming ridiculous. I know they are tired, I know they should be in bed by 8 but there is just too much yelling and tears involved (mostly mine, the kids are too busy trying to sneak another angle on how to stay up 5 MORE MINUTES).
There has to be a better way. I don't want to sit in Syd's room until she falls asleep... that is bad for so many reasons, mainly that I don't know how long it will take and if I have something that I really need to do, that is the night when she is up for an hour or longer. Plus, that's not allowing her to put herself to sleep, PLUS when she wakes up in the middle of the night she freaks out because I'm still not right next to her PLUS PLUS I don't have the patience.

Part of the problem is that Eric puts them to bed several nights a week when I'm working. Of course he says that he NEVER has any problems with them, they go to bed fine for him. GRRRRR
I am so damn frustrated and I lose it on them which doesn't help my chances for another child, I know but I can't help it.
JUST. GO.TO.BED.AND.STAY. THERE.

rant finished

No comments: