Sunday, May 3, 2009

hello worm

My mother is a great gardener ( and I didn't inherit the gene apparently). While she is on vaca this week, we have been put in charge of keeping her 30 worms alive (for those of you who don't know...worm poop is GREAt fertilizer...duh!). It seems an easy task...keep them fed, in their bucket and covered so they don't get sunlight. I could do without this assignment but mom and dad took the kids for 5 days last week while Eric and I vacationed our asses off in Mexico (please no more swine comments...yes I ate prosciutto AND bacon AND I mixed with the locals and no flu symptoms yet) so I guess this is the least I could do.

I have been surprised (ok, maybe not really) to find that Syd loves them and wants to play with them. She gets a few out in the morning and puts them on the newspaper and plays with them and talks to them. They have conversations and when I walk up to her she says "touch them mom!...JUST TOUCH THEM...look, they're pooping!" I have to persuade her to put them back in the bucket so we can repeat this in another few hours. Eric said that when he came downstairs this morning, she asked him to take the lid off. He came back about 20 minutes later and she was having a little show with them. It is so funny!

No comments: