Sunday, January 15, 2012

Girl scout cookie time

It is my first year of selling Girl Scout cookies since I was a girl scout.
It is so cute how excited she is about the prospects.  When I asked her what her goal should be she said," 100 boxes".  When I pointed out that she had sold 40 already on the first day (thanks to me taking it to work) she upped it to 200...ambitious.  She was also super mad that I wouldn't go out with her to go door to door selling because Harrison was sleeping and daddy wasn't home yet...The NERVE!  WHY COULDN'T I JUST LEAVE HARRISON...he's SLEEPING, he's not going anywhere!!!

Then the cutest thing happened, she asked me if I wanted to buy any, daddy if he wanted to buy any (names recorded on the order sheet as "mom grill" and "dad grill"), and if Coop wanted to buy any.  It was an interesting negotiation that went something like this:

Syd: would you like to buy some cookies?  We have treefoils, cinnamints (thin mints), samoans (like the people from Samoa, or the cookie type samoas, take your pick), dooseedoos (do-si-dos), tagons (tagalongs) or Savannah smilies
Coop: ummm, ok.  How much are they?
S:  They are $3.50 for one box.
C:  How much for 2?
S: I think $10
C:  Oh, that's kind of a lot, I'll take 3 for $10 and I'll go get my money right now.

As I was on the floor laughing, he went up and took $10 out of his bank.  I didn't realize he HAD $10 in his bank.  I explained the multiples of $3.50 and he decided on 2 boxes.  Syd recorded his name on the sheet and then started to write his address and phone number in, AS IF WE DON'T KNOW WHERE HE LIVES.  so. cute!

No comments: