Friday, January 27, 2012

Travesty

Those of you who know me, know that I love to read.  I have an ongoing HUGE list of books I want to read on my iPhone in my notes section.  My book club peeps think its hilarious.  I know I will never get through them all since I just keep adding more weekly but its nice to have there just in case I don't have something new to read (yeah, right!!)

Today, I went to put yet another book on the list that I read a review for and my list was....
GONE!!!!!
Really, its nowhere.  I still have the list of my kids heights and weights and websites of the kind of loveseat I want in my living room but the most important notes are no longer there.  How am I going to recreate this list?!!  I'm having heart palpitations just thinking of it, and how on earth did I delete it??!!  I'm blaming the baby for this one.

While I'm on depressing topics, I guess I should review my goals and how I'm doing with them.
Organization.
I've started in the kitchen and I really have cleaned all the drawers out and reorganized all of them.  This weekend I'm working on the fridge and freezer.  Its not perfect but it is sooo much better than it was.  I get easily overwhelmed about how awful the rest of the house is so I'm trying to keep it to one area at a time.  I may need to do little 15 minute "rescues" in the other rooms too.  The timer thing has stopped so I need to restart that and also start with doable lists for the days and weeks.  Also the electrician has not called back!!

Decorating
Hired a decorator and friend to help make a decision on a new rug in the kitchen, which will lead to new window treatments.  Also hoping for a new kitchen table and chairs but hubby is blocking this one.  the rug decision has taken longer than expected for various reasons, mostly because I can't MAKE A DECISION TO SAVE MY LIFE.

Chore Chart
Ideas but nothing yet.  It is on my weekly list of things to do (see how well that's going?!)

Lose 10 pounds
Ummmmm, yeah.  I've probably gained a couple.  FAIL!!!

More homemade dinners
Meal planning is non existent so far but I have gathered several recipes that I would like to try and I did make a meal in the crockpot tonight that both big kids told me was good.  It's a start!

No comments: