Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I'm baaaack, goals, and other random life things

Made it through the holidays intact.  I have read that if you write your goals down, you are more likely to achieve them.  So here goes!!
1.  Get my house organized.
I know I say this every year but this year I really mean it and I've started with the hardest area...my desk in the kitchen.  I read the book "Eat that Frog" or some such crazy title and it has really gotten me motivated to take on my hardest/most bang for your buck tasks first.  I also am a crazy organizational blog follower.  If only I could do as they do!  I am also following a blog that is issuing a 52 week organizational challenge and that is helpful.
Some things I have already incorporated in my day to help achieve this goal:
a.  I set a timer to do things (mostly 30 minutes max) and I have to stay on task for that entire time.
b.  Make of list of daily and weekly goals (before bed every night)
c.  Take one area at a time...kitchen first.  Now, if only the contractor/electrician would call me back, then I would be really happy!!

2  Get my house decorated.  This goes along with #1 but I'm frustrated going to other people's houses and seeing their nice decor.  We have lived here 5 years and the only thing redone has been carpet in one room (thanks to the cat who likes to pee there) and the powder room (which I said would be the FIRST thing that would go when we bought the place...4.5 years later, I really did get it done)

3.  Have some sort of chore chart thing for the kids...still considering this.  Should it be related to allowance (they don't get any at this point) or just as a privilege of living here.  As we like to say in this house, "This is not a democracy".

4.  Lose 10 pounds.  I have no one to blame but myself for this.  I eat like crap and don't work out.  I am still considering what my plans are for this to be achieved.  Maybe join a gym, personal training, or just stop drinking so much Pepsi (no, couldn't do that last one...).  Maybe just use that shake weight that my hubby got me for Christmas (really, not joking!)

5.  Make more meals for the family/menu plan.  This won't be too hard as I make about 2-3 meals a YEAR right now.  I'm trying to avoid last minute problems when kids have activities late and trying to eat better.  I am very thankful that Eric cooks almost every night and loves doing so but I think it may be time to suck it up and help.  Crockpot meals are the first to be researched.  If anyone actually reads this, send me a favorite (and easy) recipe of yours, crockpot or not.

I think those goals are not so different than most other peoples but I am making a plan for each one of them.  I have already been working on the top 2 and hopefully will share my achievements as I go.

I also received a wonderful gift of a macbook from the hubs.  I'm still trying to figure it out...my mail isn't being forwarded to the cloud and other little things.  I may have to break down and pay $50/hour for someone to sit down with me to help.  Again, see #1 above, its amazing what I can accomplish in 30 minutes or an hour of concentrating on just one thing.

Ready, set.....go!
Happy 2012!!

1 comment:

Kate Fineske said...

Don't pay anyone to show you through your Mac! Silly girl, just come over and see me :)

Good, easy Chicken Crockpot Recipe from someone whose husband also cooks most every night:

Boneless Chicken
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Cream of Celery Soup (or really any cream __ soup)
1 pouch dry onion soup & dip mix

Cook on low (6-7 hours)/high (4 hours) in crockpot. An hour before you are ready too serve add sour cream (a couple 2, 3, 4 spoonfuls). Really, you can't mess this one up. It is terrrific every time :)