Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Good Morning...er..afternoon!

So we got back from a great vacation on Sunday night around 1:30 a.m. That part wasn't so great. Luckily the kids didn't have school on Monday so we were set there. I am also fighting a nasty sinus infection that won't go away so I knew that a nap was in my future on Monday afternoon. Now, usually Sydney will lay down with me if I read stories to her and even, on rare occasions, will actually fall asleep. Coop hasn't taken a nap in about 3 years. The odds were not in my favor of getting a good nap but I was willing to play those odds.
I read to Syd and she dutifully fell asleep right away, too easy. I sent Coop in for quiet time in his room, which he usually fights but today was ok with. All the stars were starting to align. He came in my room crying about 20 minutes later saying he missed daddy. I guess after spending an entire week with him, it was hard for Cooper to grasp that daddy must now go back to work. He laid down next to me...and FELL ASLEEP. I didn't want to move or even breathe because I couldn't believe it.
After about 1.5 hours he woke up...went to his room, got undressed, changed his clothes and went downstairs, you know, cause that is the routine for the morning when he gets up. Daddy was home by then and he asked him for some waffles for breakfast. He totally thought it was morning and couldn't understand that we were going to have dinner soon. Poor baby, this sleeping stuff is just too hard to sort out.

No comments: