Wednesday, March 18, 2009

dirty words

Oh, to get through the day without the words "poop" and "butt" being uttered!! And everytime, followed by 5 seconds of laughter or giggling Every. Single. Time. You would think that it gets old after awhile but it just continues. I've tried ignoring it, I've tried punishment, I've tried telling them what my parents always told me..."that's bathroom talk"...Guess what?! they go into the bathroom and say "poop" and "butt" over and over (always with the requisite laughter afterwards).
Oh, it doesn't have to be them saying it, it can be anyone and not even in the correct context. "Clean your room, but I don't want you just throwing everything in the closet" will also garner the laughter.
Someday, in the not too distant future, I see the dirtier words for those two things being said and I will look back on these days and wish for them back.

No comments: