Thursday, March 12, 2009

I didn't do it!

Tonight after the tub and story, I helped Sydney mark off another day on her calendar. This is a running joke since as soon as she turns the page to the new month, she marks off everyday in it. What is she marking off the days to anyway?? Her next date? Anyway, right next to the calendar, I noticed some beautiful artwork ON THE WALL. I have been a mom for 5.5 years and this is my first experience with original wall art. I said "Did you do this?" (I know, stupid question, but I didn't have much else) and she said "no, I'm not talking to you right now". She is pretty funny when she gets in trouble, she'll say things like "I don't love you anymore" or "I don't want to be your friend now"...like she's punishing me. I really should take a picture of the art because it is her version of a person, you know, huge head, stick legs and alien-looking eyes.

Earlier in the week Syd insisted in writing a letter to a friend of hers from school. (thanks preschool for sending out valentines this year, now she wants to send something everyday). Anyhoo, she scribbled on paper and as she did so she narrated what she was saying "dear Elanora, you are my best friend, I love you so much, do you want to come over and play, my mommy will call you, cooper is playing golf in the other room and we just watched Spongebob, it was so funny isn't it, see you at school. LOOOVE sydney". Then she put the stamp on the wrong spot and licked the ENTIRE inside of the envelope and made me address it while it was still wet. Yum.
Tonight Elanora called to say thank you and it was a pretty funny exchange (or whatever you would call it) of two 3 year olds on the phone. Elanora wanted to know what the letter said and Syd went on with her usual diarrhea of the mouth (see above, while writing said letter), free-association speech. I'm not sure if there was an actual conversation but from this end it was hilarious. Good times!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love your blog! Yay you!

Our end was pretty hilarious, too. She was jumping around while she was talking; I think just having an actual phone conversation with a friend was so exciting they couldn'r really focus on the content ;).

Wouldn't you love to mike them all day while they're at school, playing by themselves, etc.?

Oh, and I get told now, "You can go be some other kid's mommy and I'll get a new mommy!"