Thursday, March 5, 2009

my day

Started out going to a parent-teacher conference re: our 3 year old. What could they possibly tell me that I don't already know? Of course, she is "delightful" but we already knew that. While Syd was at her craft class at the Y, Coop and I went to the library. He said he wanted to find some books on airplanes and tornadoes (random). All the tornoado books I showed him he said "oh, can we buy that one too?". I had to explain that we don't buy them, just borrow them.

Last time we borrowed books, Syd came to a page that had a scissors icon on it and went to get the scissors and starting cutting. She was halfway through the page before I saw her. I yelled kind of loud on that one...she started crying immediately and said "I think I'm going to go up to my room". Cutest damn thing, except I felt a little bad.

Today we brought home about 7 books on airplanes and tornadoes and one movie. When we picked up Syd from class she wasn't ready to go yet...funny. Probably because we never do crafts at home. I'd rather put my hand in hot acid than get out the play-doh or especially (God-forbid) the paints.
When we got home, she threw a real tantrum with the mantra "I want candy" and cried so hard, she almost threw up. Good times!!
Now she is sleeping, there is a God.

No comments: